It’s Monday (again) – they just keep coming back around don’t they? I’ll be having an extra cup of coffee this morning because this weekend went by much too fast.
Today on Coffee Talk, I wanted to keep things light and share with you a few of my favorite things right now…
(1) My new Rachel Comey Jo Earrings // I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of Rachel Comey’s since last season when one of my favorite local boutiques, Vert & Vogue featured them on their Instagram. If Rachel Comey is a designer that’s new to you, I would highly recommend checking her out. She actually got her start in menswear, and made two handpainted shirts for David Bowie! Can we say, #girlboss? After that she slowly started making her mark in womenswear. Her accessories are some of my favorite pieces, more specifically her earrings. They are unique statement pieces that you’ll plan your entire outfit around. One of the things I like most about them is that she tends to use Italian acrylic/resin quite a bit in her designs which is a style that is both in vogue and absolutely stunning. I’ve linked some of her pieces, as well as a few of my other favorite earrings if you’re interested.
(2) Kristin Ess // Alright ladies, let’s talk hair. In a couple weeks (after many requests from all of you) I’m planning to start a short series of beauty-related posts, including haircare. A few of the products I will absolutely be sharing with you are from the Kristin Ess line for Target. A little background about Kristin Ess if you don’t know who she is – besides having the most amazing hair I’ve ever seen, she is the brains behind The Beauty Department, and is the haircare queen for fellow queens like Lauren Conrad and Lucy Hale. I’ve been following The Beauty Department for several years and have come to treat it as my beauty bible. So naturally, when Kristin came out with her own line of haircare products I immediately jumped on that bandwagon. Mostly recently, she released a couple products I’m loving and wanted to share: The One: Purple Shampoo and Conditioner. First off, just a quick lesson in purple shampoo and conditioner. It gets rid of brassiness. If you have highlighted hair, you’ve probably noticed that over time, your hair tone starts to get a little brassy. Also, if you’re a natural blonde, you may also deal with brassiness caused my chlorine and other minerals in your water. I bought this shampoo and conditioner a couple weeks ago and have used it twice – it’s a miracle worker. My hair color seemed dull and uneven, and this made my hair shiny with dimension after one wash. I would highly recommend it! Especially if you’re in between colorings – it will give the color you have a little boost.
(3) L’Occitane x Rifle Paper Co. // You all already know I have an affinity for L’Occitane. Living in North Carolina after being in Florida for four years left my skin feeling dry all of the time. My skin just wasn’t used to the cold weather. If you’re like me and keep hand lotion in every single bag you own (and at your desk, and in your nightstand) then you need to try out L’Occitane’s Hand Cream (if you haven’t already). It has a cult following for a reason, trust me. I keep the travel sized one in my bag and the larger one (here) in my nightstand. Even if this brand isn’t your thing, applying lotion or cuticle oil to your hands before you go to sleep is a beauty hack I wish I had figured out a long time ago!
(4) Victoria | MASTERPIECE on PBS // Switching gear a little bit – Looking for a new series to watch? This is it. First off, anything from Masterpiece Theater is fantastic – Downton Abbey & Poldark – both Masterpiece favorites, and are two of my favorite series to ever hit television. I’ve slowly made my way through Victoria and have loved every minute of it. There are two seasons currently available so you’ll have plenty to watch!
(5) Wide(r)-leg pants // Yep. Seems simple, right? Well, sometimes the simple things are the sweetest. Wide leg pants are everywhere right now and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I don’t know about you but I am over skinny jeans – mostly because many brands only cater to a specific body type and personal style, and for girls like me with a little more hip, it can make jean shopping a little daunting. What I love about wide-leg pants is the versatility, comfort, and how they make me feel ten feet tall (when in reality I’m only 5’3 1/2). I recently purchased these from Zara and I’m obsessed. I’ve linked a bunch of my favorites below if you’ve been wanting to try out the style!
Any new favorite products, or fashion styles that have caught your eye? Maybe a new favorite recipe? What are some things you’re loving right now?